Monday, June 8, 2009

A Tweet Visitor!

The other day, as I went to go out onto the porch at the shop to enjoy my lunch, I suddenly stopped at the door at the site of a little visitor already sitting in the swing...This sweet young dove apparently was just learning to fly or had a hairy flight. He was breathing heavily & seemed really tired..But, he did seem to enjoy my picture~taking! And let me walk all around him without a care! He stayed for over an hour & finally flew away! Hope his journeys are safe now :smiles:


2 comments:

Sherie said...

Hi, do you think he just wanted to pop in and have lunch with you? Maybe? What a nice visit you had and thanks for sharing. You never know he (she) might come back again...Have a great evening. *Sherie*

The Cinnamon Stick said...

How sweet was that little visit!!
I don't blame him/her for staying in such a lovely setting I would stay too! We have lots of morning doves here - they meet on the telephone wires and then leave a mess when they fly off all over the driveway (if you get my drift)...!! LOL!! Our fault as we have feed and water out for the birds but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! XO, Judy